Block Party Permit

Block Party Permits

Block parties are a great way to mingle with your immediate neighbors.  If you live on a public road and are planning a block party, a Block Party Permit is required.  The permit application is available online and must be received by the Public Services Department 14 calendar days before the block party date and late applications are not considered.  

If you have any questions, please contact our Public Services Department.

Approval from Neighbors

Please be aware that the permittee must submit with the block party application a petition signed by 75% of the residents residing within the area being barricaded.  The Block Permit Application will not be accepted without the required petition, unless a waiver is obtained from the Director of Public Services.  The petition form is a condition for the Block Party Permit to ensure that neighbors residing within the area being barricaded are aware of and in agreement with the block party.

Block Party Requirements

  1. Block/Street Party road closing is not permitted between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
  2. The street must be completely barricaded with adequate flashers for purposes of location, identification and safety.
  3. If event blocks an intersecting “T” street, submit a separate application and petition for each affected street.
  4. If the noise level or attendees’ conduct becomes objectionable to the area residents, the Miami-Dade/Village of Palmetto Bay Police Department may terminate the event, at their sole discretion.
  5. Permittee shall bear all responsibility for any damages in the public right-of-way and clean up of the right-of-way and impacted areas following the event. The Permittee will be billed for the cost of clean up if Village resources are required.
  6. The sale of merchandise or service is expressly forbidden in the public right-of-way.
  7. Fireworks are strictly prohibited by this permit.
  8. Photocopies of application or petition will not be accepted.
  9. If Permittee is utilizing barricades and/or stop signs owned by the Village, Permittee shall be responsible for reimbursement of any Village owned barricades and/or stop signs that are damaged and/or misplaced. (Barricade $65.60; Stop Sign $39.00)
  10. Half of the roadway's width for the entire length of the closure shall remain clear of objects (tables, chairs, booths, etc.) in order to accommodate public safety vehicles in the event of an emergency.
  11. Event activities shall not create a public or private nuisance or an undue hazard or disturbance to the public or create an excessive burden on police or other public services provided by the Village.
  12. The Village's noise ordinance is enforced on a complaint basis. Block party permits provide no waiver to the noise ordinance.
  13. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or distributed from within the public right of way in conjunction with the closure.

Submitting a Block Party Application

Download the Block Party Application and submit the completed form, along with the required petition, to the Public Services Department at least 14 days before the block party date.