- Departments & Divisions
- Parks & Recreation
- Past Events
- Past Events - 2022
- Earth Day 2022
- Earth Day Art Contest 2022
Earth Day Art Contest 2022
Earth Day Art Contest 2022 Winner is Announced
This year's Earth Day Art Contest Winner is Jahlil Heath, a Southwood Middle School sixth grade student. Jahlil's artwork will be included in the Spring/Summer edition of the electronic Village of Parks Play-by-Play Recreation Guide. In addition, the winning school and student will be honored with a ceremonial tree planting on school grounds. The winner will receive a prize and a Certificate of Appreciation will be presented to the student and art teacher.
You can appreciate Jahlil's artwork below. (Please click on the image for a larger view.)
2022 First Place Winner
Southwood Middle School, 6th Grade
Last year, Southwood Middle School, Faith Quammie was selected as the Earth Day Art Contest 2021 1st Place Winner. The 2021 winning artwork can be seen by scrolling down on this page.
About Earth Day Art Contest 2022
The Earth Day Art Contest allows students in middle schools, which include grades 6th to 8th, the opportunity to express their care and concern for our planet through artwork. A theme is selected each year by the Earth Day Organization and students all over create unique designs to compliment the theme.
Palmetto Bay holds the contest locally, accepting entries online until the scheduled deadline. The contest is open to all middle school students and the winning artwork is selected for the front cover of the Village of Parks Play-by-Play Recreation Guide, an electronic publication featuring park facilities, programs and events offered by the Parks & Recreation Department. The 2022 year theme was "Invest in Our Planet." More information is available on the Earth Day Org website.
The contest closed on February 25, 2022.
2022 Earth Day Art Contest Rules
Calling all Middle School (6-8 Grade) Students!
The Village of Palmetto Bay invites middle school students to be a part of the 2022 Earth Day Art Contest! The winning artwork will be displayed on the Parks & Recreation Department Earth Day webpage and social media. Students are encouraged to design an original design depicting this year’s theme:
“GLOBAL THEME: INVEST IN OUR PLANET”
For more information on this year’s theme, please CLICK HERE for the Earth Day Network Press Release. 2022 Earth Day Art Contest Rules
- Entry must be original artwork created by a student who is currently enrolled in middle school (6-8 grade).
- Student must register for the contest online and electronically submit their artwork by the DEADLINE: Friday, February 25, 2022.
- Original Artwork may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint or graphically designed. Collages are also acceptable.
- Artwork should NOT display names of commercial products, companies or organizations. Artwork should also NOT display your name or school name.
- Artwork must be designed using the following dimension: 8.75” wide x 7.25” height. Click HERE to view sample cover.
- Artwork must be related to the contest theme. The theme should be exemplified on the artwork.
- Artwork entry will be done at time of your online registration. Artwork will need to be scanned/or photographed for electronic submittal (uploaded on the registration form) as a JPEG or PDF file with a resolution of 300 DPI.
- You may visit the Earth Day Network website for more information and ideas on this year’s theme.
- Students who do not follow the above specifications or submit artwork that is NOT original will be disqualified.
All entries shall become the sole property of the Village of Palmetto Bay. All entries will then be judged by members of the Tree Board. The winner will be announced the week of March 11, 2022 and results will be posted on the Village of Palmetto Bay’s website and social media.
The winning school and student will be honored with a ceremonial tree planting on school grounds on Date & Time TBD in April 2022 and the winner will receive a prize and Certificate of Appreciation for the student and art teacher. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-259-1234.
Artwork Contest Entry Deadline: Friday, February 25, 2022. Download the Informational Flyer HERE.