Palmetto Bay Park
Improvements Are Coming To Palmetto Bay Park in 2023!
We are excited to begin the first stage of our multi-phased playground improvement project at Palmetto Bay Park. So far, the following tasks have been completed since January 2023:
- Pressure washing of all play equipment, swing frames, and shade posts to prepare for sanding and painting
- Sanding and priming surfaces with rust or discoloration prior to painting
- Soft wash shade fabric and apply sealant to prevent future excessive debris buildup
- Painting of all upright and accent metals on the play system, along with all shade posts
This is an ongoing project which is slated for completion in late May 2023, weather permitting. The full scope of work includes the following:
- Sanding and painting the metal components
- Sealing the canopy fabric
- Repairing broken play shell
- Replacing certain playground equipment and parts
As the work progresses, we will provide more updates on this page. If you have any questions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 305-259-1234.
Soon after Village incorporation, this park transitioned from a 5-acre park to a 25-acre park facility - a veritable oasis of passive and active attractions, tucked off US-1 just east of the Village Municipal Complex. Formerly known as Perrine Park, Palmetto Bay Park was renamed by the Village Council in 2006.
The new Palmetto Bay Park features expansive greenspace, basketball courts, the largest Boundless Playgrounds in South Florida, and a six-field, state-of-the-art softball complex, Palmetto Bay Park is truly a multi-recreational facility.
Palmetto Bay ParkPhysical Address
17535 SW 95 Avenue
Palmetto Bay , FL 33157
17535 SW 95 Avenue Palmetto Bay FL 33157
The focal point of the park is a two-story concession building and observation deck. The park also houses an air-conditioned recreation room that allows for indoor recreation activities and meetings. A meandering tree-shaded pathway for walkers, joggers, and bicyclists surrounds the entire property. Covered picnic pavilions within the large open green spaces are a haven for family gatherings and party rentals.
- Basketball/Pickleball Courts (Rent A Pickleball Court)
- Boundless Playground (fully accessible playground featuring play areas for small and older kids)
- Open Green Areas
- Perimeter Walking Path
- Renovated Recreation Room (available for party rentals)
- Six Softball Fields
- Skate Park
- Two Picnic Gazebos (Available for party rentals)
- Two-story concession building
Interested in rental a space at Palmetto Bay Park for your next party, then contact us today (see below.)