TROPICAL STORM ETA UPDATE
According to the 1 pm public advisory from the National Hurricane Center, Eta is weakening as it moves southwestward over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico. Tropical storm warnings for South Florida have been lifted, however, flash flooding events may still be possible in the urban areas of southeast Florida. Periods of heavy rain bands may continue to affect portions of southern Florida through Tuesday.
Click HERE to read the last key message from the National Hurricane Center or click HERE to read the latest advisory.
Please scroll down for the latest updates on re-openings.
- All Village parks will remain closed on Monday, November 9th. All parks will reopen on Tuesday, November 10th for regular operating hours.
- Village Hall is closed on Monday, November 9th and will reopen on Tuesday, November 10th for regular operating hours.
- Freebee operations will resume on Tuesday, November 10th
SCHOOL DISTRICT UPDATES
- Based on preliminary reports, Miami-Dade County Public Schools may reopen on Tuesday, November 10th. However, the district has not made an official reopening announcement at this time waiting to complete their assessment to make a final determination later today.
Please visit the Miami-Dade County Public Schools website for more information.
- Miami-Dade County will resume curbside waste and recycling services, and bulky waste collection on Tuesday, November 10.
- Bulky waste scheduling, along with waste and recycling cart service requests, will also resume on Tuesday.
- No decisions have been made on county transit service at this time.
- County parks, beaches, marinas, golf courses, Zoo Miami, and the Deering Estate will remain closed for today.
Click HERE to visit the county website for latest updates on county operations.