The applications for short-term vacation rentals will resume on April 1, 2021. As far as our policy, we are following the Miami-Dade County's Emergency Order.
Prior to the issuance of any Certificate of Use for Vacation Rentals, the applicant shall read Ordinance 2020-12 comply with the following requirements:
1. Complete application and submit to the Community & Economic Development Department, Planning & Zoning Division for its review. The Certificate of Use application will be assigned a process number and a processing fee will be collected by the cashier in the amount of $167.00 at the time of submittal. The processing fee is not refundable.
2. A Village’s inspection is required for the process under Ordinance 2020-12. Please contact Planning & Zoning at (305) 259-1252 or email email@example.com. No inspections will be conducted on Wednesday or Thursday.
3. Once the Certificate of Use receives a process number from the department and the required inspection is approved, the designated employee will determine if the application can move forward for approval.
4. Once fees are collected and application requirements are satisfied, the Certificate of Use for Vacation Rentals will be issue. This certificate requires annual inspection as stated on Ordinance 2020-12.
5. Applicant may request to pick up certificate once is ready or specify to be sent by mail or email.
Notwithstanding any other emergency order and section 33-28 (D) (3) of the Code to the contrary, in both the incorporated and unincorporated areas of Miami-Dade County, (a) the maximum daytime and overnight occupancy for short-term vacation rentals shall be up to a maximum of two persons per bedroom plus two additional persons per property not to exceed a maximum of ten persons.
To view full order, click here.