News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/2/2021 1:58:00 PM to 4/6/2021 4:02:32 PM.
Posted on: April 2, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Public Workshop, 4/6, 7 pm
DATE: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
TIME: 7 pm
- Read the Meeting Notice
- Register with GoToWebinar (for virtual participants; please see below)
PURPOSE: the purpose of the public workshop is to provide information to the general public and gather public input as part of the Palmetto Bay Multi-use Trail Feasibility Study. Christina Fermin, Project Manager for Marlin Engineering will make a presentation and answer questions from attendees. The purpose of the feasibility study is to improve mobility, safety, and accessibility to the SMART Plan South Dade Corridor Transitway and the South Dade Trail to/from the Village of Palmetto Bay. This study will assess existing conditions for bicycle and pedestrian connectivity along SW 144th Street, SW 152nd Street, SW 168th Street, and SW 184th Street between the South Dade Transitway and Old Cutler Road. The study will also identify which two (2) corridors are most ideal for multi-modal improvements. Read informational flyer.
LOCATION: This meeting will be conducted using a teleconferencing platform and will be broadcast live. Members of the public may participate in one of two ways;
- attend in-person at Village Hall, Council Chambers 9705 E. Hibiscus Street (please know that capacity has been largely reduced in compliance with social distancing guidelines and that all attendees must wear masks at all times and have their temperature checked at the door); or
- attend virtually and watch the live meeting on the Village’s official Facebook page or website. For persons wishing to participate virtually and provide public comment, please refer to the options listed below:
- Public Comments Form (option 1): Submit your public comments using our Public Comments Online Form. Forms received prior to the meeting will be read before the item is heard. Forms received after the meeting start time will remain part of the record.
- Public Comments Live (option 2): to provide real-time, audible public comments during the meeting, please register with GoToWebinar. Once registered, attendees will receive the GoToWebinar session information and call-in telephone numbers for those wishing to use a telephone. Telephone attendees may not participate in public comment as the system has no way to mute or unmute. Attendees wishing to speak during public comment time must use the GoToWebinar application on their desktop, laptop, or smart device. If unable to participate through the webinar, please submit your public comment using option 1 described above. A confirmation email will be sent to the registered participants with information about joining the webinar. Confirmation emails are personalized and should therefore not be shared.
PLEASE NOTE that pursuant to the Village of Palmetto Bay’s Declaration of COVID-19 Virus State of Emergency Order No. 2020-11, all Village Advisory Boards, Committees, Task Forces, Charter Officers, and staff shall continue to meet virtually. Commencing December 1, 2020, a minimum of three members such as the Mayor and Village Council shall be present to maintain a quorum at meetings requiring legislative actions. This Emergency Order allows any Councilmember who believes they are at high risk to not be required to be physically present in the Village Chambers, but shall be permitted to participate virtually and vote provided they remain physically present in Village Hall, including waiving all applicable requirements in the Village Charter, Code of Ordinances, Resolutions, or other Village policy that may require the physical presence at any public meeting. All virtual meetings shall otherwise continue to comply with the Florida Constitution, Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Law, and Chapter 286, Florida Statutes.