The following is a list of things to consider when hiring a contractor:
- Are there any filed complaints against the contractor you are considering? You can check with the State Department of Business and Professional Regulation for complaints against a contractor's license.
- Can the contractor provide you with recent local references?
- Does the contractor have expired permits for other properties in the Village of Palmetto Bay? If so, they may not be able to obtain a permit for your project. Contact the Building Services Division at 305-259-1250 to inquire.
- Does the contractor have a valid License/Certificate of Competency?
- Has the contractor worked within the Village of Palmetto Bay previously?
- Will the contractor fulfill the contract and return after completion of the job for warranty issues?
The Village cannot make recommendations for contractors or professionals, however we can tell you if a contractor is licensed to work in our Village. Please feel free to inquire by calling the Building & Permitting Division at 305-259-1250.