State Legislative Priorities
2022 State Legislative Priorities for the Village of Palmetto Bay
The Village Council adopted Resolution No. 2021-88, setting the state legislative agenda and listing the funding priorities for the Village.
Stormwater Projects (drainage) based on the Village's Stormwater Master Plan
- Total Project Cost: $5,340,000
- Total State Request: $2,670,000
- Projects: Sub-basin 11, Sub-basin 43 and Sub-basin 57/96
- Project Scope: construction of additional catch basins, manholes, culverts and exfiltration system to connect the catch basins. Besides drainage improvement, the project will reduce pollutants going into the Biscayne Bay Aquifer.
Coral Reef Park Community Room
- Project Cost: $1,200,000
- State Request: $600,000
- Project Scope: construction of a new recreation room to replace the demolished one and to use for community activities, programs, meetings and events.
Veterans Park Phase 1
- Phase 1 Cost: $800,000
- State Request: $400,000
- Project Scope: construction of new neighborhood park as a tribute to US Veterans. First phase includes on-street parking, landscaping, walking path, Veterans monument, and ADA-accessible restrooms.
Palmetto Bay Park Phase 1
- Phase 1 Cost: $400,000
- State Request: $200,000
- Project Scope: enhancement of existing elements to include the resurfacing of the basketball court, repaving and repairs to the perimeter walking trail/pathway, repairs to the playground equipment and flooring at the Boundless Playground.